BT is a direct descendent of the world’s first commercial telecommunications undertaking. Founded in 1846, it was the forerunner of today’s £2.2 trillion IT industry. With privatisation in 1984, BT heralded today’s vibrant and competitive telecommunications industry.
BT Global Services is a managed networked IT services business that operates globally and delivers locally to help our customers succeed. It’s part of BT Group, which, with annual revenues of more than £19 billion, is one of the 200 largest companies in the world.
BT formed Global Services in 2004 to create a world-leading capability to manage major contracts to deliver communications and networked IT services globally to corporate and public sector organisations. It was formed from the merger of existing BT businesses and the acquisition of new businesses across the world.
Global Services has successfully created a global presence, won significant new business, built strong customer partnerships and earned positive recognition for our market leadership.
• 87 per cent of the FTSE100 companies
• 64 per cent of the Fortune 500 companies
• 90 per cent of Interbrand’s annual ranking of the world’s most valuable brands
• the world’s top stock exchanges, leading broker-dealers and biggest banks
• national and local government organisations and other public sector bodies in the UK and other countries around the world.