The GREAT Festival of Innovation to host over 50 satellite events across Asia to celebrate UK innovation and creative spark
March will be a celebration of all things British, with over 50 satellite events to take place throughout Asia as part of the GREAT Festival of Innovation. Hong Kong and Macau will host an array of events which will run concurrently to the GREAT Festival of Innovation Satellite events popping up around the city will give guests and the public the chance to continue the discussion of creativity and innovation of the future.
More information on satellite events
Events in Hong Kong not to miss include:
- Intimate events with Festival speakers hosted by the British Chamber of Commerce will give guests close access to the UK’s top thought leaders. Highlights include a breakfast with Sir Martin Sorrell, a dinner at Jamie’s Italian celebrating Tradition and Legacy with the iconic Fortnum & Mason’s Ewan Venters and a breakfast hosted by Lord Mayor of London Charles Bowman.
- Private talk by acclaimed UK photographer Jo Farrell of her exhibition BOUND Feet Women of China, which will be shown at the Hong Kong Museum of Medical Sciences from 18 to 31 March. The exhibition, which proudly supports the GREAT Festival of Innovation, is a fascinating exploration of perceived beauty that captures tradition and culture.
- A celebration of British food with GREAT Festival Menus at over 15 of Hong Kong’s hottest restaurants, showcasing the best of British ingredients and culinary innovation. Diners can sample special menus at restaurants including Grand Hyatt Steakhouse, Tiffin, Gough’s on Gough, Rhoda, Beef & Liberty and Bread Street Kitchen from 21 March to 3 April. The future of food innovation will be a hot topic of conversation at the GREAT Festival of Innovation with talks from the UK’s top chefs including Tom Kerridge, Andrew Wong, Isaac McHale and Tom Aikens.
- Fashion launches with the British Fashion Council at Lane Crawford over the course of the Festival, including the Hong Kong launch of cutting-edge British fashion label Roksanda. The event will mark the launch of an exclusive capsule collection between the premium Hong Kong retailer and the talented Central St Martins-educated designer and Business Woman of the Year (Harper Bazaar UK, 2014) Roksanda Ilinčić, who will be a speaker at the GREAT Festival of Innovation.
- The Art and Science of Collaboration: Opportunities, Challenges and BenefitsSome of the most exciting innovations and discoveries of our time have been made when different academic disciplines work together, or when academics collaborate with their peers in industry. However, the process of collaboration is not always easy. The challenges range from issues of trust, to how to incentivise academics, to how to identify appropriate parties with whom to collaborate. This panel discussion will bring together senior leaders in education and industry from Hong Kong and the UK to explore the importance of collaboration to spark innovation, spur creativity and to demonstrate how university research is one of the key drivers of a developed economy.Opening address by Lord Ashton of Hyde, UK Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.