Wales Business Export Summit
A unique opportunity to hear from the Secretary of State for Wales, the Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP, and the International Trade Minister, Mark Garnier MP, on how to access support for Welsh businesses from UK Government.
Selling overseas has significant benefits for businesses and the government is committed to creating an environment that is supportive of businesses’ engagement in international trade.
Regardless of your exporting experience, find the advice and help you need to start selling overseas including export opportunities, online marketplaces and finding buyers.
The Summit will help you to discover how to grow your business through:
- GREAT.gov.uk - providing help to businesses to break into overseas markets, access live export opportunities and take advantage of the global appetite for UK goods and services
- UK Export Finance - find out how the UK’s export credit agency can help you win business, fulfil contracts and get paid when doing business overseas. Hear examples of how other Welsh companies have benefited, and learn more about how it wants to ensure no viable UK export fails for a lack of finance and insurance
- E-Exporting Programme - supporting UK retailers and brands with accelerating their global growth through online channels, particularly via global e-marketplaces. Key product offerings of the programme include a regional network of DIT E-Commerce Advisers (ECAs) as well as the Selling Online Overseas Tool on GREAT.gov.uk
- UK Government events - find out how to take part in trade and investment events in the UK and internationally run by UK Government
- Intellectual Property Office (IPO) - Protecting your intellectual property (patent, trade mark, design or copyright) from theft or copying will encourage your business to grow successfully. The IPO has products and services to help businesses expand overseas. We also have specialist IP attachés in the four most challenging global markets – China, India, Brazil and SE Asia. To date the attachés have helped over 20,000 British businesses
Hear from successful Welsh exporters that have received UK Government support and network with key exhibitors such as the South Wales Chamber of Commerce, Institute of Directors, Federation of Small Businesses and the DIT.
09:30 Registration and refreshments
10:00 Welcome address and panel discussion
11:30 Exhibition and networking
12:30 Event close
If you have any event queries, please contact the event team on: email@example.com or call T: +44 (2) 20 7034 4848